2/21/2014

world peace

Since a certain round number birthday is approaching me, I decided to use the occasion for a good cause. Spending a couple of weeks on organizing the event, I sent out invitations to people, who not only are connected to me but also share a passion of mine that I often find to be a bridge between people and a remedy for differences. I am talking about sports; in our case, football specifically.

Among the invited, there were Hungarians, Slovenians, Germans, Colombians, and Nigerians; teachers, psychologists, lawyers, poets, market researchers, and IT technicians; elementary school students, college students, doctoral candidates, and pensioners; single, married, and widowed people, in straight or gay relationships. We were diverse. But we were there for the same reason. To have fun and play with each other.


And as such, we played for world peace. Happy (birth)days to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment