9/05/2013

tea time

Why would you read this blog, you might ask. Indeed, there are as many blogs as fish in the sea. Plus, reading is boring. Monotonous, slow, lacking interaction. 

I don't invite you to read my blog. I invite you to join me and my community, twice a week, for half an hour, like for a tea. It doesn't take more time and we need to drink, don't we? Why tea? It's just hot water and leaves, a friend summarized scornfully. See, so simple, yet it offers so many potentials! Refreshes your mind (ancient Oriental people used them to keep themselves awake during meditation), cleanses your body (herbal teas have a long medical record), and tastes nice (the wide variety makes it possible for everyone to find their favorites). 

But, anyways, it is not the tea that matters. It is just the context. What matters is that we aggregate in this cozy online tea room, with our different backgrounds, different stories, different perspectives, and share ideas. I only start the discussion by posting a short prompt and then you all join in by writing comments, sharing experiences, posting links, and participating in polls, and we'll see where it leads us. The farther, the better.

Still, why would you do this? Why would a tea room benefit you? Give me 4 minutes and you'll be convinced.




 Then, see you around!




No comments:

Post a Comment